In the Fall of 2011, Briggs Auto Group asked Joe to consult with their marketing department to help increase their social media and digital marketing presence. After doing a social media audit, Joe helped implement several different strategies.
Social Media Contests
In an effort to gain social media followers, the Briggs Auto Group blog hosted a giveaway for a Marcus and Markieff Morris autographed basketball giveaway. In the two day span of the giveaway, here were the results:
- Facebook Fans went from 1,325 to 1,334 - gained nine Facebook fans
- Twitter Followers went from268 to 304 - gained 36 Twitter followers
- 43 total tweets including the link
- 61 total mentions of @BriggsAuto
- bit.ly/MorrisTwinGiveaway got 129 clicks
- Website total hits: 282 from 133 unique visitors.
Social Media Efforts
As part of the audit, Joe suggested adding in geolocation into targeted tweets. By searching for tweets by location in Briggs' key markets, Joe was able to target potential customers based on what they were tweeting.
Here are a few examples of this in action:
"Joe has an impressive understanding of both the leading, and emerging platforms in social media and marketing. I thought I knew my stuff, but Joe definitely opened my eyes to some new capabilities and opportunities that I was overlooking. Whether for consultation or for hire, Joe is certainly a rarity amongst the many young guys claiming expertise in the social arena."
- eric giroux, Marketing Director of Briggs Auto Group